Monday 10 February 2014

Rutland Geocaching!

Over the last week, Pip_Squeek and I decided to do a day's geocaching out in environment she isn't used to; She has always been a Fenland girl and so I decided to take her back to my home area, and we planned to head out to Seaton and Rutland water.
We had planned to hit lots of caches, and give PS, who is still learning to drive, experience of hills and different road types. However, Saturday rolled around and I felt really run down; I had been to Doddington out of hours GP the night before, feeling under the weather and concerned about scarlet fever (which is going around my class at work). I was given the all clear, but still wasn't feel great so I passed on caching on Saturday; instead, Pip_Squeek went out with her anti-caching parents and cleared up around Newborough.

Sunday rolled around and I decided to go out anyway; it only felt like a head cold and maybe the fresh air would clear my head. We tottered over to Seaton, and meandered around, picking up a few of izaacwilson's Morcott and Back series that we could grab with the car. Pip_Squeek was impressed with the view over Seaton and Harringworth, and rightly so.
We also headed up to grab GC1Z3RG Beady Eye, but we couldn't find it. I hadn't been this side of the valley though, and the views were just as lovely. :)
From here, we headed down to Rutland water and across the Hambleton Peninsula. It's a lovely little place and the church is particularly noteworthy for its beauty, the snowdrops are stunning. :) We grabbed the three main caches on the roads and left the others for another day.

By this point, I'm feeling pretty rotten. We've only got 7 caches but I've had enough, and we head home. Bumping our count up to 8, we stopped off at a Newborough cache that Pip_Squeek wasn't sure she had got on Saturday (She hadn't) and logged that one too.

(Turns out I had shingles, by the way. Horrible. :( )

-RFF
- Finds today: RFF - 8; PS - 8.
- Total finds to date: RFF - 311; PS - 252.

No comments:

Post a Comment